On My Heart


On my heart lately:

Thankful-Thankful for friends who have sheltered us with love- standing strong in their own grief to protect our hearts... friends who have sacrificed their pain to rejoice in our celebrations.

The gift of time- I've been so aware of just how much time we have been given and I've learned to embrace every second of it. I've learned to say constant prayers of gratitude.

Awareness- May is around the corner and the sudden influx of all things ALS are about to be flooded into our lives. I have a love/hate relationship with Awareness months. I know the importance and if I could shout on every roof top campaigning for more funding and more research and a cure I would. But, some days I feel like such a small voice in a loud crowded room. We live this every day. We are aware of the struggle and the pain and frustrations that surround anyone with ALS. ALS Awareness month forces me to look at the severity of the situation and at times can be so suffocating. Yet, we keep fighting and kicking down those walls because our loved ones deserve it. They deserve the funding and the awareness just the same as those who suffer from other terminal illnesses.

Rest- Exhaustion has completely taken over the past couple of weeks- a simple reminder to take care of myself and my family... a time of reflection and rest to rejuvenate myself to keep giving and to do so with more intensity than before.

Excitement- Joy for the baby to come and all the planning and preparing... I've been savoring my time with my little one as I want to cherish each moment that I am all his and he is all mine.

I hope your hearts are full of joy and love right now. If they are heavy I pray that you would find comfort and peace.

Comments

  1. So very Grateful for Grace. I am reminded everyday of the beauty. Am praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts