The Power of Words


There has been an incredible renewing lately. A splattering of dew drops covering everywhere I look-that feeling of growth- a fresh rain being showered upon you turning your frosted bud into brightly colored petals.

Words are powerful. Translated from the chaos inside, they speak life and they speak death. I have seen lives transformed with one word. Tears are halted; laughter erupts and bubbles over, hope begins and spreads like wildfire. And, to the opposite-I have seen lives diminsh with one word-broken and tattered claiming defeat.

Those droplets of encouragement have become so intertwined inside of me and I am ultra-aware of the community to which I belong. The very roots of my existence have been watered and nurtured with quiet whispers of friendship and the deep pruning efforts guiding me along. Never did I imagine that I would find such strength in a community of people stricken with tragedy.

My favorite thing about this incredible community of people, who have quickly become family, is the passion and fierce desire to change the circumstances of this world- to stand up to the definition of a diagnosis. To run a course that out-lasts every time-line. To leave a hand print everywhere they touch. A fire ignited burning rapidly to have their voices heard.

Will you join me and stand up to the labels you have been given and speak life into the lives of others chasing a time-line? Will you continue to water and nurture the roots around you and refuse to participate in the devastating destruction of careless words? I really believe this community of leaders, advocates, patients and caregivers can alter the devastation...one outlook at a time.

Comments

  1. "Never did I imagine that I would find such strength in a community of people stricken with tragedy." That is achingly beautiful. I am glad that your community has your voice to encourage them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Claire! It's not always easy to be so vulnerable but I do believe that's exactly where God wants me right now.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I've really been getting a lot from reading your care giving journey. I think it is so important that you have been able to find community during this time.

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts