In Sickness and In Health

Photography c/o: Shannon Worley Photography
 
“I vow to help you love life,
to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands,
to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not
and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.
I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever.
I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.”

The definition of love in a sacred and personal form was shown so greatly in my childhood home. I never questioned if or how I was loved and I never questioned the love between my parents. They have learned to dance in sync, to cherish one another and to fiercely love in all circumstances.

Photography c/o: Shannon Worley Photography
My parents have given the phrase- “In Sickness and In Health” new meaning. Routines have changed, date nights out are now date nights in. Communication so greatly exists between two IPhones and a secret language of hand movements and charades. Love is shown in simplistic ways like love notes left on mirrors and machines. Patience blossoms in each appointment scheduled and in each encounter with the doctors who have become like family.

As my mom and dad celebrate 30 years of marriage the commitment becomes more real, more intense and more patient. My brother and I have been incredibly blessed to have such an authentic and raw example of love to follow. A legacy of sacred vows to pass on to future generations… a commitment to love in the deepest and hardest of times… to cherish in the midst of sickness and in health… to fully live in spite of what the future may hold. A legacy… an incredible legacy.

Comments

Popular Posts